Private Law is the branch of law that deals with the relations between individuals or institutions, rather than relations between these and the state. This specialty attracts the law graduates who are looking to get recruited in trading companies, law firms, economic establishments, and the judiciary. The program aims at providing graduates with adequate research and professional skills through focusing on financial transactions between individuals whether it be civil or commercial transactions.
UAEU now ranks #1 in the UAE based on the Times Higher Education Ranking! We are also #5 in the Middle East, #49th in Asia and #70 in the Young University Rankings of 2019.
- Build and develop in-depth a solid and advanced scientific base of knowledge in private law among the students.
- Enable students to conduct in-depth researches and specialized legal studies in different areas of private law.
- Develop creativity and advanced continuous knowledge in the field of Private Law.
- Provide students with the highest values and ethics necessary for the exercise of the legal profession.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyzes cases and legal texts soundly and scientifically.
- Examines jurisprudence, various judicial and legislative trends, especially in the UAE legal system.
- Performs in-depth scientific research in a field of the Private Law utilizing curriculum-based legal research methods and drawing from scientific sources.
- Drafts legal papers (suits, memos, contracts and draft laws) in a sound and proper language.
- Performs tasks assigned to him/her in a professional and ethical manner.
Required Credit Hours: minimum of 31 hours
|PRVT600||Advanced Studies in Civil Law||3|
|PRVT601||Advanced Studies in Commercial Law||3|
|PRVT603||International Trade Contracts (E)||3|
|PRVT604||Alternative Dispute Resolution (E)||3|
|PRVT605||Modern Finance Transactions in Islamic Law||3|
|PRVT607||World Trade Agreements (E)||3|
|PRVT608||E-Commerce ( E )||3|
|PRVT609||Advanced St.In Prvt.Int. Law||3|
|PRVT610||Legal System for Economic Activity in Free Zones E||3|
|PRVT611||Advanced Studies in Civil Procedure||3|
|PRVT612||Advanced Studies in Insurance||3|
|PRVT613||Advanced Studies in Intellectual Property||3|
Merit Fellowship Award
To receive the Merit Award, students are expected to have high academic credentials and maintain their academic success at the UAEU. The Merit Fellowship Award offers a financial assistance in form of partial tuition waiver to qualified students. Students in STEM and strategic areas of the country (renewable energy, transportation, health, water resources, technology, space) will have priority.
- Have Excellent Academic Standing (GPA ≥ 3.6/4.0).
- Maintain a GPA ≥3.6/4.0 during study at UAEU.
- Have no other financial sponsorship or award.
- 50% discount on tuition fees.
- Valid until graduation as long as the student is abiding with the Student Eligibility conditions.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More