Columbia's Vanguard Executive LL.M. Programme
The Columbia Executive LL.M. in Global Business Law is an accelerated hybrid program designed for high-achieving, experienced lawyers ready to advance their careers, build a global network, and take the lead in complex cross-border transactions.
In this intensive program, you will gain an expert foundation in U.S. business law and advance your understanding of how these critical legal concepts function within an international framework. You will learn from Columbia’s renowned corporate law faculty and connect with a cohort of lawyers from around the world.
Designed for practitioners with a minimum of approximately five years of professional experience, the Executive LL.M. program allows you to complete your degree within one calendar year and with minimal time spent away from home. This accelerated program combines online courses with an intensive 12-week residency on Columbia Law School’s campus in New York.
The Executive LL.M. is an accelerated program that has both online and in-residence components. Students must complete the 24 credit-curriculum, which is comprised of 5 required courses and 3 electives.
2021 Programme Dates
- October 1, 2020 - Early Decision Deadline. If you apply for early decision, you will receive a decision by November 1, 2020
- December 18, 2020 - Regular Admission Deadline
- March 22, 2021 - Start of Exec LLM 2021 online classes
- May 20-21, 2021 - Summer Residency Orientation
- May 24 - August 13, 2021 - Summer Residency
- August 30 - September 24 - One online course taken
- Friday, September 24, 2021 - Last day of Exec LLM 2021 classes
- August 31, 2020 - September 25, 2020 - One online course taken
The application form must be submitted electronically through the online application and all supporting documents must be submitted through LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service (CAS). You must submit an application fee of $85 (USD) with your application.
Components Submitted to LSAC:
- Application form (online)
- Personal Statement (online)
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (online)
- Transcripts and Diplomas (in hard copy directly to LSAC from issuing institution)
- Statement of Rank (in hard copy directly to LSAC from issuing institution)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (either electronically through LSAC’s system or in hard copy)
- TOEFL Scores (directly from ETS to LSAC)
About the School
Columbia Law School is renowned for the intellectual rigor of its curriculum and the groundbreaking scholarship of its faculty. Drawing strength from the vast interdisciplinary resources of our distin ... Read More